Most people have pockets of excess fat that they wish to eliminate. But what if you could harvest those fat cells and transfer them to areas lacking in volume, such as the cheeks, breast, or buttocks? Brand Surgical Institute performs a highly personalized facial fat grafting procedure to transfer excess fat cells from one part of the body to another. This procedure effectively redistributes fat cells to provide optimal facial contour.
What is Fat Grafting?
How does facial fat grafting work?
As you grow older, you gradually lose fat volume and collagen from the cheeks, eyelids, temples, and other parts of your face. The gradual age-related loss of fat and collagen makes your face look depleted, sunken, and gaunt, giving you an old and tired appearance. Meanwhile, you may have excess pockets of subcutaneous fat cells in other regions where you don’t want them, such as the submental region, tummy, thighs, and hips.
Facial fat grafting transfers excess fat cells from one part of the body to another. The surgeon uses liposuction to extract fat cells from the targeted donor site, such as the tummy or thighs. The harvested fat cells are purified, sterilized, and carefully injected into targeted areas on the face, such as the cheeks and temples. The fat grafting injections elevate your facial contours, making your cheeks look fuller and smoother.
How fat grafting restores facial volume:
- Adds volume to sunken parts of the face, such as the cheeks and temples
- Reduces the visibility of fine lines, wrinkles, facial creases, and folds
- Reduce nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- Reverses the signs of aging on the face
- Elevates natural facial contours, such as the cheeks
- Adds volume under your eyes to correct dark circles
Benefits of fat grafting:
- Autologous procedure based on fat cells drawn from your body
- No risk of infections or the rejection of fat cells because they’re parts of your body
- Completely natural-looking results that conform to your body and expectations
- Provides a firm, contoured, and natural look
- Reduces excess fat cells from the donor sites, such as the tummy
- Revitalizes the complexion and makes you look youthful
- Minimal post-treatment downtime
What happens during fat grafting?
Brand Surgical Institute performs highly personalized fat grafting surgeries after a thorough consultation and evaluation. Our cosmetic surgeons carefully examine your face and identify the ideal donor sites on your body. They also review your medical history to ensure you’re suitable for the procedure. After a thorough evaluation, our surgeons curate a personalized fat grafting treatment plan for you.
Fat grafting is an outpatient surgery performed under local anesthesia. The surgeon makes an incision on the donor site and inserts a hollow cannula to suction away excess fat cells. The harvested fat cells are purified and sterilized, following which they’re carefully injected into targeted areas on your face, making your face look fuller and more youthful. The entire procedure usually concludes within an hour.
You are the ideal candidate for fat grafting if:
- You have sunken cheeks, hollows under the eyes, and other signs of aging
- You have excess fat cells in other parts of the body, such as the tummy and hips
- You want natural-looking results based on fat cells harvested from your body
- You are in generally good physical health
- You have realistic expectations from the procedure
- You are a nonsmoker or willing to stop smoking before the procedure
What is recovery like after fat grafting?
Facial fat grafting may cause mild swelling and bruising, especially when performed around the eyes. You may also notice mild skin discoloration, which can be concealed with makeup. The side effects will gradually dissipate over several days as the fat tissues settle into your body. Some of the fat cells will be resorbed by the body, but the surgeon will account for the gradual loss of fat volume while performing the surgery.
Schedule a consultation for fat grafting in Glendale, CA
Brand Surgical Institute is a luxurious outpatient surgical facility specializing in cutting-edge surgical techniques focusing on health and beauty. Our surgical experts use the latest and safest fat grafting techniques to transfer fat cells from one part of the body to another, helping you achieve the optimal facial contours. We personalize all treatment plans to ensure natural-looking results that conform to your expectations. Please schedule an appointment to explore your fat grafting options in Glendale, CA.