Cervical disc replacement is a surgical procedure wherein the damaged spinal disc is removed and replaced with an artificial disc. This procedure alleviates chronic neck and arm pain caused by disc herniation, ruptured discs, or a damaged disc. Our surgical experts only provide cervical disc replacement if all non-surgical treatments for chronic neck pain have failed to yield sustainable results. Brand Surgical Institute provides cutting-edge procedures to address the root cause of chronic pain and help you lead a pain-free life.
How can cervical disc replacement help you?
Benefits of cervical disc replacement:
- Addresses the root cause of neck and arm pain
- Restores optimal mobility and motion to the neck
- Restores sensation in your arms and neck
- Replaces the damaged spinal disc with a new disc
- Decreases the risk of other discs getting damaged
- Minimal post-treatment recovery period
You are the ideal candidate
for cervical disc replacement if:
- You have chronic neck and arm pain caused by disc-related issues
- You are diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, disc herniation, or ruptured discs
- You have tried all non-invasive and minimally invasive pain relief solutions
- You want to eliminate the source of neck pain and lead a pain-free life
- You don’t have underlying medical conditions that preclude surgery
What happens during cervical disc replacement?
Brand Surgical Institute uses state-of-the-art technologies to address the root cause of your chronic neck pain. After administering general anesthesia, the surgeon makes a small incision in the front of the neck. The surgeon moves the muscles, arteries, and windpipe out of the way, following which the damaged cervical disc is removed. The surgeon places an artificial cervical disc in place, following which the incisions are closed.
What is recovery like after cervical disc replacement?
You can return home immediately after the procedure. You can gradually resume your daily activities and work within a few days, but you should avoid strenuous workouts for a few weeks. You should experience pain relief soon after the procedure. Your surgeon will provide a list of aftercare guidelines to follow.
Schedule a consultation for cervical disc replacement in Glendale, CA
Brand Surgical Institute is the first woman-owned, multi-specialty outpatient surgical center specializing in spine surgery in Glendale. Our surgical experts carefully examine your cervical spine, discuss your symptoms, and curate a personalized treatment plan. We only resort to surgical procedures if all non-invasive and minimally invasive pain treatments fail to yield the desired results — we address the root cause of pain and ensure long-lasting results. Please schedule an appointment to explore your cervical disc replacement options in Glendale.