Lumbar discectomy is a surgical procedure in which the damaged spinal disc in the lumbar region (lower back) is partially or completely removed. When the spinal disc in the lumbar region is ruptured or damaged, it may slip out of place and pinch the surrounding nerve roots, leading to the symptoms of nerve radiculopathy, such as numbness, tingling sensations, and muscle weakness in the lower back and legs. Brand Surgical Institute uses cutting-edge minimally invasive surgical techniques to remove the damaged disc and alleviate back pain.
What is Lumbar discectomy?
You are the ideal candidate for lumbar discectomy if:
- You have severe and persistent chronic back pain lasting over 3 months.
- You have the symptoms of nerve compression in the lower back, such as numbness, tingling sensations, and the loss of bladder and bowel control.
- You have trouble standing, walking, or sitting because of inflamed nerves.
- Your conservative treatments, such as physical therapy, epidural steroid injections, and medications have failed or provided insufficient results.
- You are diagnosed with disc herniation or degenerative disc disease in the lumbar region.
- You don’t have medical conditions that preclude surgery.
Schedule a consultation for lumbar discectomy in Glendale, CA
Brand Surgical Institute is the leading woman-owned ambulatory surgical facility specializing in minimally invasive spine surgeries. Our surgeons stay abreast of the latest developments in spine surgery and pain management. They use cutting-edge technologies to diagnose the root cause of lumbar pain and curate a personalized treatment plan. We also believe in educating patients about their health and treatment options and supporting them through every stage of the recovery process. Please schedule an appointment to explore your lumbar discectomy options in Glendale.