Lumbar disc replacement is a surgical procedure wherein the damaged spinal disc in the lumbar region (lower back) is replaced by an artificial disc. A damaged or ruptured disc in the lumbar region can lead to nerve compression and chronic pain in the buttocks and legs. The surgeon replaces the damaged disc with an artificial disc, thus restoring mobility and alleviating back pain. Brand Surgical Institute performs lumbar disc replacement using minimally invasive techniques that allow you to resume your daily activities quickly.
How can Lumbar disc replacement help you?
Benefits of lumbar disc replacement:
- Alleviates chronic back pain from the lower back, hips, buttocks, and legs
- Reduces the symptoms of nerve compression, such as numbness and tingling
- Provides a greater range of motion than a spinal fusion or discectomy
- Promotes speedy recovery and healing
- Reduces the risk of the other spinal discs getting damaged
You are the ideal candidate
for lumbar disc replacement if:
- You have severe and persistent chronic back pain lasting over 3 months.
- You have the symptoms of nerve compression in the lower back, such as numbness, tingling sensations, and the loss of bladder and bowel control.
- Your conservative treatments have failed or provided insufficient results.
- You are diagnosed with disc herniation or degenerative disc disease in the lumbar region.
- You don’t have medical conditions that preclude surgery.
What is recovery like after lumbar disc replacement?
You can return home the same day as the procedure and resume light activities and work within a few days. Since our surgeons perform minimally invasive spine surgeries via extremely small incisions, the recovery period is minimal. Most patients experience immediate pain relief. You must also follow the surgeon’s aftercare guidelines to ensure optimal healing.
Schedule a consultation for lumbar disc replacement in Glendale, CA
Brand Surgical Institute is the leading woman-owned ambulatory surgical center specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery in Glendale. Our surgical experts carefully diagnose the root cause of back pain, recommend conservative pain relief solutions, and only offer spine surgeries when absolutely necessary. Furthermore, our surgeons use cutting-edge minimally invasive techniques that ensure optimal healing with minimal downtime. Please schedule an appointment to explore your lumbar disc replacement options in Glendale.